Only for the audiovisual part:
- Show director: Jan Van Assche
- Show production: Felix de Musical productie team
- Stage manager: Steve Jacobs
- d3 operator: Jo Pauly (Visual Solutions)
- Content production: Mojuice + Visual Solutions
- Video engineers: Sander De Schrijver, Arno Bailly
- MA operator: Dieter Meeus,
- Allround engineers: Dirk Hermans, Maarten Foutrel and VCL productions’ crew
- Sound & multitrack: Kamiel Van Assche and Lauren
- Sound assistance: Maarten Foutrel, Wim Latui, Sven Devis, Jenna De Coster
- LED wall provided by Niel Beelen (PRG)
- disguise server equipment from By-Lex
- Light and sound equipment: VCL Productions
- Pictures by: Karel Van Assche
Visual Solutions are proud to be part of the Hoeilaart community, a close-knit village just south of Brussels. From our offices there we supply the international entertainment industry but one of our latest projects was much closer to home.
‘Felix de Musical’ is a show based on Felix Sohie, a local man who famously began growing grapes in Hoeilaart way back in 1865, transforming the local economy and turning the whole area into a successful wine producing region. Hoeilaart and the surrounding villages were even known as “glass villages”, due to enormous number of greenhouses that were built to house the vines.
Written and composed by Jan Van Assche, the extraordinary life story of Felix Sohie has taken over two years to reach the stage as a musical. The production brought together 500 actors and technical crew who worked with 3,500 extras to reproduce the over 10,000 inhabitants of Hoeilaart.
This was truly a labour of love for us; working with the production team we installed a 5 piece-wide-moving led wall of 60 sqm ROE CB5 which enabled AV visual elements to be incorporated and avoid using too many bulky scene changes. The entire show was synchronised through our disguise servers, communicating with a grandMA2 and Cubase multitrack.
‘Felix de Musical’ may be based on a local legend but it is a big musical on a big scale reaching out to a big audience. Local doesn’t have to mean small; we are proud to have brought the best of AV technology to create the content, scenic looks and programming for this fabulous 3½hour long show.
Critics have acclaimed it as ‘a fine piece of art which exceeded all expectations’.
Well done to all concerned!!